Tri-M is the international music honor society for secondary schools students that
motivates and recognizes musical achievement. Candidates for student membership shall be chosen from students enrolled in Faith Lutheran School's music departments who meet chapter requirements.
Tri-M is important at our school for many reasons: it provides unity between the
vocal and instrumental students, a sense of pride in the music department, community spirit, recognition of the excellence of our music students, and recognition for our graduating seniors. TRI-M is a student organization of the National Association of Music Education.
New Members are selected in the fall of the school year based on the following criteria:
1. Music – enrolled in a school-sponsored music ensemble and/or class.
2. Scholarship – an A average in music and at least a 3.0 GPA
3. Leadership, Service, and Character – have demonstrated leadership, service, and character in their music and other activities.
4. Lettering – have achieved and been awarded a Music Letter.
5. Recommendation – from their primary music director.
● Participation in all TRI-M activities
● Remain enrolled as member of a FLHS class music ensemble.
● Maintain an A average in music class and at least a 3.0 GPA.
● Continue to demonstrate leadership, service, and character in their music and other activities.
● Lettering in Music each year
● Performing at the Annual Spring TRI-M Recital
● Student membership will lapse until those standards are once again met.
● In keeping with club protocol at Faith Lutheran, attendance is taken at all meetings.
TRI-M purpose is to provide a means of recognizing the efforts and achievements of music students who volunteer their time and share their musical talent with others..
The goal of the society is to foster greater interest in band, handbells, orchestra and choral performance and to provide wider opportunities for personal musical expression. Students are selected for membership on the basis of musicianship, scholarship, character, cooperation, leadership, and service
LOCATION & TIME OF MEETINGS:
To be announced through school email and announcements.
TRI-M is a student organization of the National Association for Music Education.