Our 2018 Grad Nite will be held on Friday, May 25, 2018 immediately following the Faith senior graduation ceremony.
All seniors at Faith are invited and strongly encouraged to attend this fun, safe all night party put on by the Faith Lutheran Grad Nite team!
Sober Grad Night events are held for thousands of graduating seniors each year. They offer students a safe, sober, supervised, and fun place to celebrate their high school graduation with their friends.
TEEN DRIVING STATISTICS
Statistics have shown that students celebrating on the evening of graduation can experience one of the most dangerous nights of their young lives. Our goal is to save lives by providing a safe and sober graduation night celebration. We would like to share some statistics with you, obtained from the Mothers Against Drunk Driving (M.A.D.D.) website and the CDC - Motor Vehicle Safety Division.
- With annual events like proms and graduation parties, the period between Memorial Day and Labor Day has been labeled “The 100 Deadliest Days” for teen drivers.
- Mile for mile, teenagers are involved in three times as many fatal crashes as all other drivers.
- In 2012, 49% of teen deaths from motor vehicle crashes occurred between 3 p.m. and midnight and 53% occurred on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
- In a national survey conducted in 2013, 22% of teens reported that, within the previous month, they had ridden with a driver who had been drinking alcohol. Among students who drove, 10% reported having driven after drinking alcohol within the same one-month period.
- In 2012, 23% of drivers aged 15 to 20 involved in fatal motor vehicle crashes were drinking.
Seniors are taken by bus to the Durango YMCA immediately following their graduation ceremony at Canyon Ridge Church. Once there, they are treated to an outdoor and indoor party full of water games, indoor games, dancing, food and music all in a safe, alcohol and drug free environment to celebrate this big milestone in their lives. The party goes all night. Students are to be picked up at 4:00 am. Yes, that is 4:00 am; it is an all-night party of fun and laughter.
This event is funded by tickets sold to seniors, tee shirt and sweatshirt sales, various family and local business donations and our Crusader Christmas Boutique fundraiser held in December.
If you have any questions or want more information on this event or any of the fund raising events, please email or contact our Grad Nite Chair(s) listed below.
Grad Nite Chair:
Lori Friel – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cyndi Wenrich - email@example.com